Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ring A bell ?

"We love our bread,
We love our butter,
But most of all,
We love each other." 

Did those lines ring a bell or stir a thought? If those didn’t try the next one:

I love you,
You love me,
We’re a happy family,
with a great big hug,
and a kiss from me to you,
Won’t you say you love,
me TOO!

Did this one clear the mind block? If you’re still clueless then you might have not been one of those kids who enjoyed seeing those cute cartoons like Madeline (former poem) or Barney and friends (The latter poem). Recently I took time to sit and see these shows. I felt rather silly but it was very engaging and fun. It was a trip down the memory lane.

Our generation has had the best of the entertainment. Let it be' Little red riding hood' or 'Snow white' we saw it through cartoons and cherished all of it. My favorite was 'Scooby Doo'. I never used to miss a show. That title sequence is something that ill never forget.

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
We got some work to do now.
Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
We need some help from you now.

Come on Scooby-Doo, I see you... pretending you got a sliver
But you're not fooling me, cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.

You know we got a mystery to solve,
So Scooby Doo be ready for your act. [Scooby Doo] Uh-uh Uh-uh
Don't hold back!
And Scooby Doo if you come through
you're going to have yourself a Scooby snack!
That's a fact!

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, here Are You.
You're ready and you're willing.
If we can count on you Scooby Doo,
I know you'll catch that villain.

I had utter fascination for the dog.  Cartoons then were so cute and lovable. Sadly thought nowadays the cartoons are about fighting and killing. Why bother kids with such things. Childhood is the only time in our life that we get to be care free and naive. That has been deprived from the life of children today. I don't want to name few cartoon not because I care for them but that I don't want to skip the other bad ones. All these cartons leave a mark on a child's head. If we want nice and upright individuals in the future then I think that we must divert little bit more attention towards what cartoons must be seen by our children. We cannot make the producers stop making bad cartoons. But we can indeed teach our child right from wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment