Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jiah Khan-Akshay is lucky charm



From heroins like Karisma Kapoor, Raveena Tandon and Shilpa Shetty in the 90's to current beauties Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif, actor Akshay Kumar has proved to be a lucky mascot for many actresses, delivering a number of hits with them.

No wonder, newbie Jiah Khan is hopeful about the prospects of a blooming career post her pairing with Akshay in Housefull.

"Well yes, it's a fact that Akshay Kumar has been a lucky mascot for a lot of actresses over last so many years. However, personally I do believe that everything is not in my hand. I am very spiritual and religious person and so far have believed that God has aided in my journey. It is he (God) who would decide how my journey is going to be in the film industry," Jiah told PTI.

"Of course Housefull is a great prospect for me as well. Akshay is such a huge star and I am one of his leading ladies in the film. Still, the thought of my career seeing a great push after the release of the film is a little scary," said Jiah, who is currently in London.

"Yes, in the past there have been a few things that have gone wrong for me but then I have always believed that this is how God wanted it. If Housefull brings me good work then that would indeed be great. But then I would rather wait for that to happen before making any tall claims," she added.

For the 22-year-old actress, last three years have been quite eventful in Bollywood. After making a beginning with none-other-than Amitabh Bachchan in Ram Gopal Varma's Nishabd (2007), she went on to work along with superstar Aamir Khan in Ghajini (2008).

She apparently shot for a significant portion of the Ken Ghosh directed film Chance Pe Dance opposite Shahid Kapoor, but was later replaced by Genelia D'souza.

Now Jiah arrives in an out and out masala affair like Housefull which is set to hit the theatres on April 30.

"When I look back at the years gone by, I feel I have been truly blessed. I mean to have Big B, Aamir and Akshay as your co-stars in the first three films itself is something that most actors can only dream of.

Akshay has been such a fantastic human being. Whether he is an action hero or a comedian or a serious character or a romantic guy; he is just so superb. I have learnt so much from him as well as Aamir and Amitabh Bachchan during all these years," Jiah said.

It wasn't an easy kick start for her though before she started shooting for Housefull. Since the Sajid Nadiadwala production is her first multi starrer, Jiah was a bundle of nerves working with the cast that includes Deepika Padukone, Lara Dutta, Riteish Deshmukh along with Arjun Rampal, Boman Irani, Chunky Pandey and Randhir Kapoor apart from Akshay.

"That's true, I was really so nervous. I mean Akshay is such a huge star, Riteish has a standing of himself in the industry while Deepika, Lara and others have made a good impact in the industry as well. I have admired them all and I was wondering if I would be able to gel well with them," Jiah said.

"However, all credit to them that they never allowed me to feel aloof or cut off. They were all so mature and professional and loved me to be around them," she added.

Since Housefull has been shot across the globe, it was one big all-expenses paid holiday for the actress.

"Really, I never felt that I was stepping out for work. It was just amazing; more so because I could see so many beautiful locations. Being with the crew was like being a part of the family," Jiah said.

No comments:

Post a Comment